The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

F/M Spanking Story Challenge 2017

Page  Page 12 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
blimp
Male Author

England
#111 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 23:12
Glagla:
I desperately want to show that I mean no one ill.

I am sure you mean no ill will but it wasn't necessary to pretend you were not entering.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#112 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 23:29
First off well done and thank you to all the authors, to the winners go the laurels.

Sad to see disharmony, this was a competition, in competition you do your best to win, Gloup has won for 3rd time big congratulations are due, as that is no mean feat.

I will be upfront and say i did not place any of Gloups stories in my top six, but the majority did, so the plaudits are his and well deserved too.

At conclusion of competition surely you hug, shake hands etc, and then in next contest look to dethroning your conqueror.

Let's feel the love back again.................Please

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#113 | Posted: 28 Mar 2017 23:29
RosieCheeks:
At end of day it is the readers who are the winners,

I want to say I'm completely thrilled down to my toes at how many awesome comments I got on both my stories! It's the most comments I've ever gotten on anything I've written and posted on LSF so far, and it was even more gratifying that they were so positive, knowing that nobody knew which stories were mine.

I knew ahead of time I wouldn't win anything, partly because I tend to write dark, twisted stuff which doesn't have much mass appeal (which means even the comments that stated the stories were cruel and awful and they hated them were compliments, in a way). But it was so much fun and I'm definitely planning to enter more challenges, if I can think of anything to write. I think I gained a few new fans along the way, and I discovered some new authors myself that I want to read more of. So worth every minute spent writing and reading.

A huge thank you to everyone who left me so many compliments

Elorac
Female Validater

England
SUBSCRIBER

#114 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 07:59
Congratulations to all challenge entrants, most especially the winners and runners up!
It is a brilliant way to encourage stories and explore possibilities. We really should not get hung up about challenges, as so many people do. For whatever reason, some stories get more attention than others, none of us know why. Is it the title? Is it the order they appear? Is it the word count? It really doesn't matter, it's a challenge and most entries attract more comments than usual submissions do and we should delight in that too.
Just accept.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#115 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 08:05
blimp:
but it wasn't necessary to pretend you were not entering.

Yes, I realized that once I went back to the conditions given, but apparently I did make the wrong decision when I understood them correctly and I'm sorry for that. I had no idea that it could possibly upset anyone, or that anyone would actually really notice. If anyone would, I had thought it to be more like "oh, so he did enter after all, oh well, never mind."

Elorac:
It is a brilliant way to encourage stories and explore possibilities.

I agree completely. I honestly did turn myself inside out for this one, writing a theme that I thought would be completely impossible for me. I sat for hours trying to sink into the characters, pretending to be them and backing the tape until I was their age, to try to sink into them and imagine how I would have reacted in the same situations to get something to start a story from. It was very interesting and educative, once I had decided to give it a go and set my mind to it.

blimp
Male Author

England
#116 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 19:16
Glagla:
I had no idea that it could possibly upset anyone

Upset is the wrong word. I just thought it was cheap!

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#117 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 19:58
blimp:
Glagla:

Okay, maybe I'm slow of mind, but I cannot in any way relate 'cheap' to what went down. I'll just drop the subject here and I hope that everybody else feel content with doing the same, so we can finally move on.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#118 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 20:18
blimp:
Glagla:

Well, after all a person is allowed to change his mind about entering a Challenge, as Glagla/Gloup was encouraged to do during the discussion of writing F/M stories.

However, writing several posts explaining that he felt he couldn't write F/M material, only to later make four Challenge entries, that could be considered misleading--I'm happy that he changed his mind (especially since I was one of the people suggesting that he do so), but a post to the effect that "I'm going to give it a try after all" would likely have been appropriate.

By the way, Arthur, I missed reading one or two of your classic headmistress/schoolboy accounts within this Challenge. Was sixteen years of age perhaps a touch too old for your mischief-making protagonists...??

--C.K.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#119 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 20:40
CrimsonKidCK:
However, writing several posts explaining that he felt he couldn't write F/M material, only to later make four Challenge entries, that could be considered misleading--I'm happy that he changed his mind (especially since I was one of the people suggesting that he do so), but a post to the effect that "I'm going to give it a try after all" would likely have been appropriate.

Dear CK,
I've tried to explain how it happened and I have in several posts repeatedly apologized.
Does it really matter that people didn't think I was in the challenge?
Had people knowing that I entered in any way affected how they voted? I'd like to think that the stories were judged from their qualities and not because who they were believed to be written by.
I'd like to offer my sincere apologizes once more for misleading people. Honestly.
Can we drop this subject now and move on? Please?

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#120 | Posted: 29 Mar 2017 21:47
I'm locking the thread now. It really is time to move on.

Page  Page 12 of 12: «« 1 2 3  ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 13
Alef, jwads, mihaispk
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9