LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Great Spanking Anthology finally completed

Page  Page 9 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»
Tapada
Male Member

England
#81 | Posted: 23 Feb 2013 23:35
Picking up on someone's earlier point, (and which I cannot now find again!) relating to vanilla partners ,and shared computers, and Kindles without password security , and people looking at spanking books on Amazon but being reluctant to buy them.....can I suggest consideration be given to disguised titles for future anthologies?...You know, stuff like; "A Hazardous Persuasion," "Playing with Fire" "He Who Dares Gets It" etc etc
Not very "coming out" I know, but if we need to make some money.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#82 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 00:12
That's a more interesting conundrum than you know. For the library here that may be ok. We all know what these volumes are. But titles are important when marketing to the world at large. There is a tension between a suggestive title that immediately tells a prospective reader what the book contains and one that disguises that fact. There are search engines to consider. If "spanking" is in your title it will come up more readily than a title like "Playing with Fire." And I can tell you that in the larger world of eBook publishing, visibility to search engines is critically important. Also a vague or poor title may cause a reader to disregard your book and move on to the next one in her search results. At the same time, how do you explain "Hot Spanking Stories" to your significant other? I seem to vacillate between the two extremes, but since the 50 Shades thing there seems to be less stigma about it.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#83 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 07:23
Tapada:
can I suggest consideration be given to disguised titles for future anthologies?

I guess the pictures on the front covers would also have to appear very vanilla. It would be hard to explain to a vanilla partner why the book cover features very obvious well spanked bum cheeks!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#84 | Posted: 24 Feb 2013 16:05
Somebody on a blog recently did a survey asking readers what factors influenced them the most in making a purchase decision. Long story short, my takeaway was that the things that really matter are (not necessarily in this order): The cover, the 'blurb', the author, the first few pages (this is the 'Look Inside' feature on Amazon).
So, an arresting cover attracts buyers while a sedate one may get ignored.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#85 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 08:56
Februs:
And then later probably:

followed by:

and possibly:

and if all else fails:

And then ultimately when you discover it's a lost cause, I'd recommend:

Februs, can these awesome emoticons be added to the LSF forum emoticon list?? Pleeeze!!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#86 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 09:07
rollin:
platform providers like Amazon work on a royalty system

The one advantage of Amazon is that customers can leave a review. Perhaps a reviewing system should be set up for the LSF publications site as glowing reviews and feedback will surely encourage future downloads. I am happy to provide reviews on both sites, however to be able to review on Amazon you have to have purchased the book directly thru them. The only other advantage of Amazon is that books can be stored in their cloud space and downloads can be synced between various devices linked to your customer account.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#87 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 12:59
jools:
be able to review on Amazon you have to have purchased the book directly thru them.

Correct me if I'm wrong! You must have an Amazon account to review a book, but I think Amazon will allow you to review a book that you haven't actually purchased. However, they indicate which reviews have been placed by actual purchasers.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#88 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 13:05
Guy:
Correct me if I'm wrong!

Sounds like a job for Ms Thrashbottom. Lucky for you, you may be right

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#89 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 13:53
njrick:
Sounds like a job for Ms Thrashbottom

Rick sure knows his stuff. Uh oh! Perhaps I am the one that's wrong!!! Sure hope not!!!!!!

Iconoclast13
Male Author

USA
#90 | Posted: 26 Mar 2013 21:40
Guy:
Correct me if I'm wrong! You must have an Amazon account to review a book, but I think Amazon will allow you to review a book that you haven't actually purchased. However, they indicate which reviews have been placed by actual purchasers.

You are correct, sir. I purchased one of the anthologies through LSF Publications some weeks ago, but I was able to leave a review on Amazon.com. Amazon then asked me if I would like to review any of the books I had bought from them in the past.

Page  Page 9 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 6
mae3268, pic7, Pogogacy, Rickinto
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9