Great Spanking Anthology finally completed

Page  Page 8 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#71 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 23:05
FiBlue:
I need to review something else first as an experiment to make sure my name won't be associated with it

I believe the name that appears as your review name can be entirely unrelated to whatever your login name on Amazon might be. It should prompt you to choose a pen name if I remember correctly.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#72 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 23:47
I went to Amazon yesterday and wrote a review on one of the anthologies and it was posted without any problems. Although I haven't bought anything from Amazon in years I do have an account with a password so apparently that is all it takes.

By the way I based my review on what I know from reading stories on the LSF even though I didn't read that particular anthology.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#73 | Posted: 16 Feb 2013 00:08
I'm buying my copies of the anthology direct, but knowing that you can leave a review just by having an Amazon account, I'll make sure I do that.

DLandhill
Male Author

USA
#74 | Posted: 16 Feb 2013 02:57
You need an amazon account, and you need to have bought at least one item through it at some point -- years ago will apparently do. If you create a new account you have to wait at least 48 hrs after buying something. You can use a "pen name" you can even change it at any time, but your current pen name (or real name) is always displayed on all the reviews posted through a given account.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#75 | Posted: 16 Feb 2013 23:16
I have never bought anything through Amazon. Does this work: Mailing you a money order to a Box number in Britain. My real name would not be on the money order.

Twinklybum
Male Member

England
#76 | Posted: 21 Feb 2013 01:43
Februs, FB & PA . Please do not despair so soon. Most entrepreneurs need patience, not tantrums. You have always shown Herculanean strength with the LSF site, for which we are always most grateful. It is very early days for what seems an exciting project.

I tried to buy a book thru PenPal from LSF direct and seem to have been charged correctly and LSF paid but I cannot find the book on my computer. I use Amazon but am loathe to use it for this purpose. My wish is to have stories I can transfer to my Nexus 7 or HTC smartphone. I am happy to pay you!

Februs: Rome was not built.... but it has lasted years and has great history!

Tbum

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#77 | Posted: 21 Feb 2013 22:48
I would like to suggest that in the future specialized anthologies could possibly be helpful in increasing sales. For example, all the stories in the 500 Word Challenge could be put in one anthology for those who like very short stories. Or all the stories in the Letter Writer Challenge could be another anthology. The top six stories in all the challenges could be included in a Winners Anthology.

Although I am not personally interested in F/M stories there are those that are and they are harder to find so that could be another specialized anthology. With 21,000 stories to choose from the possible combinations are extensive, School Girl Stories would probably be popular.

At any rate you get the idea. Specialized anthologies appealing to people with specific tastes would probably do well.

angelmischief
Female Author

USA
#78 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 02:45
Just a question. . . would it be an idea to "close" a story here on the free site once it goes into the anthology? That way, if someone is looking at the story titles, they couldn't just come here and read it for free. . . . they would have to buy the book. On the author's page, it could say "anthology volume x". Does that make any sense? If this has already been suggested. . . sorry. . .I didn't read all the preceding comments. .. . I'm supposed to be grading 150 essays instead of playing around here.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#79 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 03:15
angelmischief:
I'm supposed to be grading 150 essays instead of playing around here.

150 spanks for you. then.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#80 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 19:43
Twinklybum:
I tried to buy a book thru PenPal from LSF direct and seem to have been charged correctly and LSF paid but I cannot find the book on my computer

Have you checked your spam folder? If so, and you still can't find it, send us an email with your paypal email address in and I'll re-send you whatever it is you ordered.

Page  Page 8 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 10
Dane, katee, kdpierre, pic7, spanker30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9