The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Great Spanking Anthology finally completed

Page  Page 7 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»
cayenne
Male Author

England
#61 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 19:24
canadianspankee:
I am very very shy about ordering stories. So my question is....is there a way I can donate a few dollars without having to leave any trail on my computer? Sorry about this but some of us do not machines that are not used by others etc and spending money in tight times always raises questions

I feel much the same. It would be a crying shame for the site to close. I love it here, although I don't always have a suitable story to share.

blimp
Male Author

England
#62 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 21:42
Well I am surprised that people aren't leaving feedback on the publications as that obviously is going to help pay for things. I can't really understand why they haven't got at least twenty or thirty reviews each by now. As for Jimisim's point, well lots of people read my tales time and time again without commenting which never bothers me because a lot of people actually do take the time to comment which makes up for it. Where else do you get ten plus comments on a story? I do feel it would be a great shame for the site to close through apathy. I think it is up to all of us to make sure these e-books are a runaway success as a lot of work has already gone into it all.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#63 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 21:54
I think that in order to leave a review you actually have to buy the book. Not so sure that is the case with tags and "likes." The most important thing about sales, at least on Amazon, is visibility in search results and in being designated a similar product. But that results from sales. As sales climb you tend to show up more often in the pane below the product. Maybe one way would be to focus on one particular volume and push that one. Once that one begins to climb, a coattail effect raises visibility for the others.

And BTW, February seems to be a significantly slower sales month than Dec or Jan and this may be across the board.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#64 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 21:58
rollin:
I think that in order to leave a review you actually have to buy the book.

I don't think that's the case as it's certainly letting me write a review and I've not bought one. It may be that you have to have bought at least something in the past, I'm not 100% sure.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#65 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 22:02
canadianspankee:
Due to a lack of ensuring my privacy on the devices I have available to myself only, I am very very shy about ordering stories. So my question is....is there a way I can donate a few dollars without having to leave any trail on my computer?

It's really quite simple, at least here in the USA. Amazon gift cards can be purchased in many types of retail outlets, even at home improvement stores such as Lowes and used totally anonomously. Then all you need to do is create a discrete (even disposable) Amazon account. Oddly, Amazon insists on an address; so give them one! I don't know the location of any local whorehouses, so I just made up a fictional PO box address.

blimp
Male Author

England
#66 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 22:02
I have left a few reviews and not bought a book too! Under an assumed name obviously!

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#67 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 22:03
I had a wee 'spending spree' earlier today, but perhaps because I was so intent on buying from the LSF site rather than Amazon, I didn't appear to be asked for a review. I shall return and insist on it!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#68 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 22:22
blimp:
I have left a few reviews and not bought a book too!

I stand corrected. But you do have to have an Amazon account, I'm sure---and probably have used it to buy something recently.

I do know that Amazon is attempting to crack down on phantom reviewers. What happens is that an authoress, lets call her Ethel, writes some pure drivel romance novel. Then she tells all her friends to go to Amazon and give her a 5 star review. So everyone in Ethel's neighborhood, her sewing circle buddies, her coworkers etc, all go to Amazon and heap lavish praise on Ethel's book. In fact, Ethel's book sucks, and someone sees 17 five star reviews and buys it, then complains to Amazon that the fix was in with bogus reviews.

I'm not trying to discourage positive reviews, but just to alert everyone that this is an issue. I don't know precisely how Amazon is attempting to deal with bogus reviews.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#69 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 22:58
I bought one book with my Amazon account in my own name, but have not written a review yet. I need to review something else first as an experiment to make sure my name won't be associated with it. I was able to go through and "Like" all the volumes.

blimp
Male Author

England
#70 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 23:00
I wouldn't think the anthologies would disappoint any who bother to buy them. If you don't like one story you will probably like the next. I bet over half the reviews on Amazon are phoney in any case including the ones that say this book is utter rubbish don't waste your money! Most of those of course were traced back to an eminent professor of Russian history or was it his wife!

Page  Page 7 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 12
Carlsbad, insonia, john4, Ormansanches
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9