The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Noticeboard /

Great Spanking Anthology finally completed

Page  Page 6 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»
smeple
Male Author

USA
#51 | Posted: 14 Feb 2013 05:31
Guy:
Mine have been waiting for 48 hours to go by. In it's wisdom, Amazon doesn't allow spanking new accounts the privilege of comments and "likes".

me too. I just bought one of the LSF pubs through Amazon today, so I also have to wait 48 hours. Tick Tock Tick Tock. I'll post a review and a "like" as soon as I am allowed.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#52 | Posted: 14 Feb 2013 05:38
Februs:
Thanks for trying to drum up some support - I feel you might also need the following emoticons when you discover the total lack of response:

Nice use of the emoticons. But please, Februs, have some faith! Maybe I am being overly optimistic, or pollyanna-ish, but I think things will pick up, and I think that the other members here will step up. We might procrastinate a bit before we do so, but . . . uh, wait a minute I'll finish this post later.

But, really, I think it will get better.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#53 | Posted: 14 Feb 2013 16:15
smeple:
But, really, I think it will get better.

I hope so because right now we are so underwhelmed that all those who read here for free (not the authors who along with the admins and validators make the site what it is) can't even be bothered to leave a single comment on Amazon to help support the site, let alone purchase one of the volumes, we are seriously considering whether we want to keep investing the time and effort that's needed to keep the site running.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#54 | Posted: 14 Feb 2013 16:35
Aw, Februs, you sound so down. Don't give up on it yet. It has only been out there about a week.

blimp
Male Author

England
#55 | Posted: 14 Feb 2013 16:49
There are surely enough of us to make them into best sellers. I think we should certainly show our support. Mind you I do look forward to Janine taking matters into her own hands!!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#56 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 00:36
smeple:
Guy:
Mine have been waiting for 48 hours to go by. In it's wisdom, Amazon doesn't allow spanking new accounts the privilege of comments and "likes".

me too. I just bought one of the LSF pubs through Amazon today, so I also have to wait 48 hours. Tick Tock Tick Tock. I'll post a review and a "like" as soon as I am allowed.

After 72 hours, Amazon finally allowed me to leave a comment. But then told me it would be 48 more hours before it appeared!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#57 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 15:12
Due to a lack of ensuring my privacy on the devices I have available to myself only, I am very very shy about ordering stories. So my question is....is there a way I can donate a few dollars without having to leave any trail on my computer? Sorry about this but some of us do not machines that are not used by others etc and spending money in tight times always raises questions so...

CS

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#58 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 15:19
Februs
I couldn't agree more with you.
I have become pretty irritated lately with visitors who read a whole serial maybe two or three and cannot even leave a simple comment like-Thanks for writing this I enjoyed it.
I don't expect any illuminating literary criticism just a polite acknowledgement.
Perhaps only those who contribute should be allowed to use this site for free, guests being allowed a free fortnight, then having to make a small contribution to costs to be allowed to use it.
Authors and participants would of course be allowed free membership.
I think that the stories will catch on in time, but perhaps not if unlimited access to the site is allowed.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#59 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 15:38
jimisim:
I have become pretty irritated lately with visitors who read a whole serial maybe two or three and cannot even leave a simple comment like-Thanks for writing this I enjoyed it.

I think you speak for all of us, jimi. I see it day after day.
jimisim:
I think that the stories will catch on in time, but perhaps not if unlimited access to the site is allowed.

Hate to say it, but I wonder about that. Why buy the cow, etc.?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#60 | Posted: 15 Feb 2013 16:31
jimisim:
Perhaps only those who contribute should be allowed to use this site for free, guests being allowed a free fortnight, then having to make a small contribution to costs to be allowed to use it.
Authors and participants would of course be allowed free membership.

What annoys me is that the vast majority can't even take the few seconds required to leave a comment, either here or on Amazon. That doesn't cost them a penny. On top of that most don't even have the manners to respond to a popup when an admin messages them. It's total apathy.

It's clear the anthologies aren't going to achieve their goal so it may be time to consider tiered membership, at least for the works of those authors that are in agreement with it. Personally, it's either that or I for one am going to go off and invest my time and resources in something more rewarding.

I'll start a thread on it later.

Page  Page 6 of 10: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 16
DanishMan, dignan46, kevinbb, mianders, processdog
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9