LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Lost and Found /

PH Letters

gskydive
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 20 Apr 2017 16:43
Hi!
I am new, so I apologize if this has already been covered.
As a teen in the 70s I used to ride my bike up to the corner newsstand and buy Penthouse the day it came out (the owner was an old guy who didn't care how old I was).
I, of course, was interested in the letters about spanking.
Does anyone know if those letters are accessible somewhere either for free or for a reasonable price?
Thanks!

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 14:34
gskydive:
Does anyone know if those letters are accessible somewhere either for free or for a reasonable price?

I thought that Submissions > Browse > Magazine Rack on this site might have provided a selection, but Penthouse does not appear to included - maybe there are copyright issues or something. However, the magazine rack contains lots of other letters of a similar nature. There are even a few that might actually be genuine! If your are new to the LSF, this may be worth exploring.

gskydive
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 18:17
Thank you very much!

Often123
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 19:18
I remember those letters in Penthouse and Penthouse Variations, as well as the ones in Mr. Magazine.

Garryl
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 12 Dec 2021 03:15
Often123

Mr. Magazine was a favorite of mine as well as Sting and Crack magazines. Also British magazines such as Janus and Roue. I have scanned a number of lettters.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 13 Dec 2021 17:33
I well remember one particular letter in Penthouse. My recently married wife and I were driving back from her Gran's a journey of about 200 miles and we stopped at a motorway services. I glanced through a Penthouse and having seen a quite interesting letter I bought it.
It wasn't really a letter bit a short story purporting to be written by a late teens young woman who was set up for shoplifting by some jealous enemies. she of course agreed to be caned. now remember this was the early seventies and even Janus hadn't really started then, I think it was still Mentor.
I rate this still as the first spanking story I;d read except for the excellent "Spy in the Family" by Auberon Waugh which as it was written by one of the Waugh brothers was available from my public library. (although long out of print I managed to get a copy via Abe books.)

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 13 Dec 2021 23:54
National Lampoon had a section of joke letters. One of them read like this;

You guys are just making these letters up.

Bob Guccione
Publisher of Penthouse.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 14 Dec 2021 08:15
Correction
Author of Spy in the Family was of course Alec Waugh , not Auberon who I seem to remember wrote a satirical column in The Daily Torygraph amongst other things.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 8
baker551, bookkeeper, FiddlersGreen, Hoddle, icey, jwads, Redskinluver, tyrport
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9