The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Thanking people for comments...

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 19 Apr 2017 21:42
At one time I thanked everyone who commented. Then I got behind, and further behind, and now I think I'm about two years behind....

Rather than deal with that backlog, I'm starting to thank people again going forward. For everyone else, please take this as a general thank you for commenting. It's is always heartwarming to see that someone took the time to comment on one of my stories.

Speaking of those stories, there are a pair of recent additions. One deals with a near future invention of a "spanking booth" and the other with the return of the cane to the upper sixth form. If either of these sound like your type of story, then I hope you enjoy them.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 19 Apr 2017 21:57
I try to thank everyone who comments on my stories. Fortunately I don't get too many to make it unmanageable.

fooman42
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 20 Apr 2017 04:32
Thanks again for continuing to post. I think with the demise of one of the other well known forums (either gone or put behind a monthly pay wall), this site has become more of a go to for me. I try comment and don't really expect the author to respond, but it is always appreciated when they do.

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 21 Apr 2017 09:49
I'd really love to reply to every comment that I get, but alas, I have to distinguish. There are always some that are but well-nigh dutiful, while some are in-depth, enthusiastic and full of suggestions. I take pride in trying to respond to at least the latter ones, while the former ones doesn't always hear from me. I don't however expect anyone to get back to me when I've commented on their stories, even if it's lovely when someone do, so I hope that people feel the same when I doesn't get back to them.

I don't think you'll have to apologize Godgulf, you're by far one of the most prominent and active people on this site. Thanks for all the effort you're putting into making things run and be fun here. Your booth story was awesome btw - and you did get back to me regarding my comment quite promptly

Patron
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 21 Apr 2017 15:58
I thanked someone for their comment and was told that was against the rules. At that point it made sense not to interact at all.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 21 Apr 2017 18:19
Patron ... 'I thanked someone for their comment and was told that was against the rules'

This is not against the rules by any means and never was. Not sure where you got the info from, but far from the truth. When one first starts commenting the admins check the comments out for a short time to make sure they are appropriate, but after that they generally appear as soon as posted.

Commenting on any story is a great compliment to the author, and I rarely miss responding to a comment. I will say if I get no response after say a dozen comments I tend to put those authors on the lower end of my selections to read. Maybe they don't like my comments or whatever, but please tell me one way or the other. If you don't like my comments tell me so I won't comment again, or will even withdraw the comment if you are offended.

Thanks to all who comment and to those who respond. This is a great site and one that deserves our respect and activity no matter how limited that is for each individual.

CS

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 21 Apr 2017 19:41
The only thing I can think of with Patron was that he accidentally responded to the comment in the comments thread rather than directly to the commenter. Done that myself a couple of times and it is a face palm moment.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#8 | Posted: 21 Apr 2017 20:11
Seegee:
The only thing I can think of with Patron was that he accidentally responded to the comment in the comments thread rather than directly to the commenter. Done that myself a couple of times and it is a face palm moment.

I think this is the point: Replying to comments in the comment thread is discouraged as it makes it look rather cluttered, but replying by pop-up is encouraged (although I, like Seegee, occasionally manage to get the two alternatives mixed up). Personally, my policy is to reply to all comments, and if I don't, it's a mistake and not an insult! But, of course, I don't have close to 400 stories for people to comment on...

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#9 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 00:26
You people have systems? I hope I've thanked everyone who comments at some point, even if I haven't managed to match you frequent commenters reply-for-reply.

But I don't actually know if I have, because I'm an absent-minded dingbat who can't multitask but I do anyway. I just hope I don't one day accidentally email my thoughts about spanking to the dean of my faculty or something.

So from me too, a huge thank you to all my commenters, I appreciate every single one of them!

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 22 Apr 2017 04:43
I try to reply to the commenters on my most recent stories as they show up since I can see the number of comments changing. I've got a spreadsheet for all my stories that I update ~monthly and look to see if any comments have been received on older stories. If so I'll find the new comment(s) and let them know I've finally gotten around to acknowledging them.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 11
humiliatedfemale, insonia, mobblers
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9