The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

On the scoring of challenge entries

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#21 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 12:33
I always find it difficult to come up with a plausible reason for a man being spanked by a woman (except in a loving relationship), but I like CrimsonKid's proposal of slightly narrowing the theme for the next F/M Challenge. It might make the Challenge more difficult, but it could also help stimulate ideas by at least nudging us in a particular direction rather than giving us a completely blank canvas to work on. However, as CK notes, it would be important not to make the theme too narrow to avoid the stories becoming too predictable.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#22 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 15:07
I also like the idea of the F/M being an annual event. It's the orientation I write the least and I initially thought I was going to struggle to come up with a story for it (as did several other posters). Eventually I came up with 3 ideas and once I fleshed them out I came up with 3 entries for the Challenge. Of course, now I'm fresh out of ideas but I guess I've got about a year to think about it...

"Caught spying" might be one way to focus the entries a bit more next time. Another option might be "you're late!" That would give the writers options like a teen coming in after curfew, a chronically tardy employee, or a boyfriend/husband who has trouble reading a clock. Just a thought...

Thanks again for the recent Challenge.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#23 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 16:25
mj2001:
That would give the writers options like a teen coming in after curfew, a chronically tardy employee, or a boyfriend/husband who has trouble reading a clock.

No, dude, those are your specialties. Sure, make it easy for yourself, why don't you - as if you need any help
Let's make the theme my specialty instead: boy must be at least 20 years old, the spanking must be non-consensual, and it can't be from a parent or spouse/girlfriend.

Nah, I'm just being difficult. It was awesome fun, and it was great to have so many good stories to read!

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#24 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 19:09
Burgundy:
Let's make the theme my specialty instead: boy must be at least 20 years old

Wasn't he only nineteen in "Hold Still and Look Pretty" though?

"You can never tell, somebody might actually be paying attention..."

--C.K.

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#25 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 21:37
CrimsonKidCK:
Wasn't he only nineteen

Are you asking for it again?

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#26 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 22:03
Oh yes he Is!!!!!! Much harder this time.

RosieCheeks
Female Member

England
#27 | Posted: 1 Apr 2017 23:21
canadianspankee:

"Blessed are the peacemakers"

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#28 | Posted: 2 Apr 2017 04:11
RosieCheeks:
canadianspankee:

"Blessed are the peacemakers"

So since when does "Instigator" = "Peacemaker" anyway?

Our cyber-cousin should be happy, even flattered, that I recalled a salient detail from one of her Challenge entries, shouldn't she?

Instead she ends up reminding me of several fictional characters I've created myself, females with short tempers and handy hairbrushes.

Playful teasing, that's all...

--C.K.

mj2001
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#29 | Posted: 2 Apr 2017 04:45
Burgundy
Let's make the theme my specialty instead: boy must be at least 20 years old, the spanking must be non-consensual, and it can't be from a parent or spouse/girlfriend.

You're right, that would definitely be pushing me out of my comfort zone, but that's what the Challenges are for. Now you've got me trying to think up a plausible scenario...

Burgundy
Female Member

Canada
#30 | Posted: 2 Apr 2017 15:02
mj2001:
Now you've got me trying to think up a plausible scenario...

No noooo!! I fed the monster! Now you'll think of a plot ten thousand times better than mine guaranteed - what have I done?

Some famous writer (Coetzee maybe, or Saramago, can't remember) once said that one the keys to creativity is constraints and restrictions on what you are allowed to do. Has been true in my experience so far

CrimsonKidCK:
Our cyber-cousin should be happy

I'm pretty happy when I give spankings, so...

Page  Page 3 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 7
badlad, Bailey30, gerard, Hotscot, kakihara, njrick, stag, TheStingfan
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9