Arthur James Blimp esq. (writer)

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 23 Nov 2016 19:22
Two questions:

When did A.J. Blimp pass 2,000 comments (he's on 2005)?
and...
Did anyone say anything about it at the time?

like...

Congratulations!!!

Blimp's stories distill the essence of an Englishness of yesteryear for which the word nostalgia might almost have been invented. They include some of the most alluringly elegant and irresistibly dominant women you'll find anywhere in the Library.

tysout
Male Author

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 23 Nov 2016 20:57
He has and always will be one of my favourite authors.

His mastery of capturing the quintessential essence of female domination in Boarding School scenarios is, in my opinion at least, second to none.

I don't know the guy personally, but he has always come across as a true English gent and the fact that he has commented, and therefore tried to help and encourage other authors so often, comes as no surprise at all.

Well done AJB and please, keep battering that keyboard.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 23 Nov 2016 21:52
Congrats, blimp, on a job well done! (even though I let TEM scoop me on the announcement).

brodiejlb
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 23 Nov 2016 22:19
May I add to the accolades. Blimp is the Master to whom all the aficionados of schoolboy spanking should bow the knee. In a series of sketches, he has created an alternative world as real as anything conjured up by Frank Richards with Bunter & Greyfriars or Kipling with Stalky & Co. As for his ladies, I cannot better the description that The English Master (appropriately) has given above.

I always read Blimp's stories in black and white because they seem redolent of the era of the forties and fifties, when svelte actresses like Kay Kendal, Joan Greenwood (with her gorgeous smoky voice) and Barbara Murray appeared in the Ealing films.

Blimp has been feeding us treats for many years now and deserves our thanks.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 24 Nov 2016 00:22
TheEnglishMaster:
When did A.J. Blimp pass 2,000 comments (he's on 2005)?

A great job and well done.

CS

turk
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 24 Nov 2016 02:39
AJB, is one of my favorites, I extend my congrats. He is a terrific writer, thanks always to one of the best, T

wooz1111
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 24 Nov 2016 16:30
Might I add that he exemplifies eloquence? Congrats and thanx, AJB.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 24 Nov 2016 19:38
Congratulations Mr. AJ Blimp not only on achieving 2000 comments, but also for the quality and (dare I say it?) grace of your work.

blimp
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 24 Nov 2016 19:42
That is so very kind of you. Thank you dear commenters for all the encouraging words. Miss Taylor might easily blush (if she actually existed outside of my fevered imagination) after such compliments TEM! Thanks are due to Flopsy, Februs and their team of validators. Is it my imagination or am I starting to sound like an Oscar awards ceremony? (Just wipes away a manly tear!) As I said so very kind!

opb
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 25 Nov 2016 08:31
Such congratulations are well deserved. The skill with which you conjure your characters into life from the cloud of letters is a lesson to us all (though perhaps not so memorably as one delivered by Miss Taylor and her ilk).

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
andreas1981, faygrim, Geoffrey, Jared, kdpierre, kid, oldog, sherbro2001
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9