LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / LSF News /

Clifford Dorset

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
opb
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 23 Jan 2016 20:04
I am sad to have to report the death on November 21st of the author known as Clifford Dorset, I believe from the effects of pulmonary fibrosis.

John was a retired research scientist from Dorset whom I had known for a number of years after meeting on Flaming Cheeks, the website run by Alex Birch. He owned an extensive library of books, including many on the subject of erotic flagellation, and he wrote a number of articles about famous authors in this genre, using his research skills to work out who they were behind their pseudonyms in addition to commentary on their work. I always found him kind, polite and knowledgeable, a real gent as they say.

I was in communication with him shortly before his death on the subject of a collaborative story of which he had written a chapter which has just been loaded to this library.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 23 Jan 2016 20:34
Thanks for letting us know, Ollie. He seemed a nice man & he'll be missed.
Condolences,
flopsy

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#3 | Posted: 23 Jan 2016 22:07
I am very sorry hear. A fine writer - and I can assure you he was a man who knew his science!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 24 Jan 2016 15:17
Although I didn't correspond with him on a regular basis we did exchange quite a number of emails and I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. Appreciate you letting us know, I've added him to our In Memoriam page.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 24 Jan 2016 18:01
I unfortunately missed meeting "Clifford" and "Alex" due to my mum's illness.
Some of us at Flaming Cheeks had arranged to meet in the City where she lived, but it just couldn't work out.
Flaming Cheeks was a super little site, possibility a little cliquey, but I as a total novice was warmly welcomed, encouraged and helped by my colleagues. Any guidance was always positive and never negative.
I'm even more disappointed that I missed meeting both of them now.
As everybody said, he was always a charming, witty and erudite e-companion.
It makes me realise how fortunate I am to be surviving both heart disease and prostate cancer at approx the same age, thanks mainly to amazing treatment on the NHS.
RIP my old friend.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 07:50
Thank you for letting us know. It is sorrowful to hear of his passing, but it is better than wondering why he has stopped writing.

lesliejones
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 20:07
I'm terribly sorry to hear of his passing. He was a wonderful correspondent who seemed to enjoy providing whatever leads he could as I was striving to find out as much as possible about the elusive P.N. Dedeaux. He encouraged me and seemed to take much joy in our colloquies as well as his other relationships with folks here and throughout this world. A delightful man!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 25 Jan 2016 22:53
This is very sad news, but it's wonderful to see how widely he was appreciated.

lennynero
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 4 May 2016 23:23
Very sad news. I first came into contact with him over on librarything where I was in awe of his collection which he had partially catalogued onto the site. We also shared an interest/obsession with the works of Dedeaux. Last contact I had with him was in July 2015. He had been planning a trip to Lancing College in the fall to research Geoffrey Wagner's works. I hope he made it there before he passed on. RIP.

JessicaK
Female Author

Canada
#10 | Posted: 5 May 2016 00:49
This is very sad, and I'm sorry to hear it, and for everyone here who had contact with him.

This, though:
"using his research skills to work out who they were behind their pseudonyms in addition to commentary on their work."

Am I misunderstanding this? Because I'm kind of not ok with someone working to out pseudonymous writers!

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 10
roycon, WilliamAllen, Zachary314159
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9