LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Story of the Week /

Time and Holly

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 28 Dec 2016 16:25
Our next 'Story of the Week' is Time and Holly by John Benson which has been recommended by LSF member, Samslipper:
"Time and Holly is an absolutely super story, very emotive on more than one level. I think our newer readers need to be introduced to his stories.

"John Benson is one of LSF's prolific contributors with 801 items but none since 2010. Many of of his stories are on the subject of magic and wizardry, Gods and Goddesses, both old and new.

"There is always sex, submission, spanking, and the triumph of good over evil but maybe not in the most obvious or easiest way.

"I read Time and Holly recently and mark it as one of his best. An almost immortal living as a whore who commits her soul to fight demons because she can. An evil man who breaks free from a Demon to save his unborn child. It will strengthen your faith in humanity."

Synopsis:
Holly works in a brothel, but she is different from the other girls and not only because of her need to be punished. She has a story, one of demons and immortality. She meets a man who has made a pact with a demon and he has to convince him what he needs to do to save his wife and unborn child. In return, Holly fights the demon to stop it from taking his soul.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#2 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 05:39
Benson is a good writer and his stories are entertaining. I wish he had a active presence of site but life happen.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 06:24
I wondered why this story appeared at the top of the current page.
I am however rather surprised that a story with only 162 reads, 1 favourite-presumably the nominator, and 3 comments could justify any reasonable criteria to be acclaimed story of the week.

opb
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 10:24
Story of the Week/Day is a reading recommendation, not a prize.

Anyone may suggest a story for SOTW, all you have to do is to write a few lines to the mods explaining why you think a given story is one which others might like to read. Sometimes the stories are forgotten gems, sometimes very popular ones. I've made several suggestions, perforce these were of stories which I personally like which tends to skew the list to my taste, so if more different folk chip in then the list of SOTWs will more accurately reflect the range of work in the LSF.

samslipper
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 16:22
Apart from the quality of the story itself I wanted to bring JB's name to the attention of our newer members, some of whom may only look at the recent additions list and never delve into the very rich history of stories on this site.

Alef
Male Author

Norway
#6 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 19:59
I think this is a very appropriate use of the "Story of the Week" column, and now it is up to us who also enjoy other authors to make sure that this doesn't become a Benson marathon!

Glagla
Male Author

Sweden
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 29 Dec 2016 20:21
I think it was a good choice. I mean, anyone can search for stories with over 30 favorites or more than a thousand reads, but the ones that slipped under the radar? If I can be dictator for a day I think the selection should be focused on quiet little gems that for some reason never took off. Sometimes stories are loaded very frequent on the page, meaning that people just overlook some stories as they end up on page 2 or 3 before the reader has returned to the site. I myself had the brilliant luck of having my first uploads when the stories spent weeks on the front page before the next load. Everybody has not been so lucky.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 21
ebbetsjim, Gojira01, Nicki, opb, paradoxu, rupertsmith72, spurs1, whome123
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9