LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Story of the Week /

Lying to Melissa

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
rollin
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 06:27
I stand by my guns. It's not the far fetched plot. I can live with that. Hell, I love far fetched plots. It's human behavior that doesn't jell with anything approaching reality that gets me. People behave in certain ways due to age, culture, and setting and characters in stories who act inconsistently with that must do so for a very good reason. I did not see that in this story. I didn't buy it. The 11 year old kid was too unbelievable for me.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 06:30
njrick:
CrimsonKidCK: Is he a realistic character? No more than Sir Galahad and Batman are realistic characters
When you say that Batman is an unrealistic character, do you also mean to imply that he isn't REAL????

Of course not, because there are unrealistic-seeming people who are nonetheless real...So why not Batman?

In the motion picture "Stand By Me," the dumb, doofusy kid asks his three companions what they calculate would be the outcome of a fight between Mighty Mouse and Superman. One of the other boys points out that such a battle couldn't occur, because Mighty Mouse is merely a cartoon character while Superman is "a real guy."

If Superman's "a real guy," and he's been known to interact with Batman (in various ways), then the 'Caped Crusader' must be a "a real guy" too, I'm figuring... --C.K.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#13 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 12:15
rollin:
f Superman's "a real guy," and he's been known to interact with Batman (in various ways), then the 'Caped Crusader' must be a "a real guy" too, I'm figuring...

Sounds like proof to me!

(and now we've REALLY gone off-topic).

rollin:
I did not see that in this story. I didn't buy it. The 11 year old kid was too unbelievable for me.

Having already weighed in, perhaps I should actually read the story.

opb
Male Author

England
#14 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 20:12
rollin:
It's human behavior that doesn't jell with anything approaching reality that gets me.

I'm with rollin on this one, and that is why I find the stories with children wanting to be spanked so ridiculous.

I could expect this sort of story from some authors here, but Benson? Hmmm, I'm going to have to go to read it now.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 14 Jun 2013 19:44
While packing away some printed materials, I came across a 'hard copy' of this story and re-read it pretty carefully, thinking of the debate it had engendered on 'reality vs. fantasy' (RE children's reactions to disciplinary spanking).

Anyway, there was no overt indication that Josh felt any erotic arousal upon being paddled by Melissa, although I'd figure that he still might have. However, the boy did believe that he was gradually turning into a disrespectful brat due to his mother's ineffectiveness in disciplining him (without using CP)--while he didn't like that he was being disobedient to her and thereby making home life harder for her, Josh lacked the personal self-control to stop himself from exploiting his mother's weakness. He apparently thought, as an eleven-year-old, that taking advantage of opportunities to misbehave, at least when there would be no serious consequences, was expected of any boy who wasn't a 'goody-two-shoes' type.

So he'd wanted to be given a degree of strict external discipline, to help make himself into a 'better person' who wouldn't cause problems for his mother, and he was able to take advantage of Melissa's willingness to spank him very soundly to accomplish that. (It's certainly possible that she sensed the boy's emotional need to be punished for his misconduct, although he certainly underwent much more corporal correction from her than he'd originally anticipated.)

When his mother, influenced by Melissa's report that her supposedly administering a single solid butt-whacking had made Josh obedient and cooperative for a full week, started to corporally chastise him herself, he was gratified that his tendency to misbehave was being maternally controlled, and consequently he was treating his mother more respectfully (and therefore lovingly). Of course, he still was concerned over how Melissa was going to treat him during another imminent lengthy period of being his babysitter, since she clearly didn't mind thoroughly paddling his bare behind quite regularly.

Then there's the irony that Josh was walloped twice a day for initially lying to Melissa, yet of course she lied to his mother RE how many spankings she'd given him... --C.K.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#16 | Posted: 16 Jun 2013 17:32
After reading so many stories here in at library and writing a decent share, I always laugh when some complains in a comment that a plot is implausible. Most of the stories posted here are implausible! They are fiction and truly fantasy and need to be regarded as such. We all write about kinky people doing kinky things. The stories are dramatic and entertaining; many are satisfying and pleasant to read. Some blow me away because they are so outrageous; and that's OK.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 16 Jun 2013 18:11
islandcarol:
After reading so many stories here in at library and writing a decent share, I always laugh when some complains in a comment that a plot is implausible. Most of the stories posted here are implausible!

Doesn't that sort of ignore that there are levels of plausibility?

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#18 | Posted: 8 Dec 2013 22:29
Guy:
islandcarol: After reading so many stories here in at library and writing a decent share, I always laugh when some complains in a comment that a plot is implausible. Most of the stories posted here are implausible! Doesn't that sort of ignore that there are levels of plausibility?

Well, that's why I supplied my alternative interpretation RE Josh's primary motivation for wanting to be soundly spanked by Melissa and also his mother--IMHO his need to have strong external discipline, to compensate for his lack of self-discipline (which him being an eleven-year-old tends to make more believable), is certainly more plausible than him having overt spanko-bottom desires.

Of course, AFAIC plausibility is hardly a necessity in Library stories, anyway.

Upon reading this story, I felt like an eleven-year-old boy with a 'crush' on my pretty babysitter, who can be counted on to give me the corporal correction I require to behave myself and not cause problems for her--nor for my struggling mother... --C.K.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#19 | Posted: 9 Dec 2013 21:31
I just re-read the story and in my imagination I could see myself trying exactly what the author wrote about. At the age of 11, kids get all sorts of ideas running through their heads and come up with schemes that as adults we would never consider, and that fact alone makes this story enough for me to suspend belief. Just because we as an adult do not think things are possible, who can tell what any 11 year old would come up with? I myself have been surprised many times by what kids think in a lot of situations, things that would have never occurred to me as an adult.

My granddaughter recently wrote on her school agenda that she "was scared". Such a thing is of deep concern to her parents and teachers. Upon investigation, she "was scared" because a new little Asian girl had joined her class and she was scared the new girl was not able to pass the class. Which adult would have ever thought she would be "scared" because of that.

Overall I think it would be a rare occasion for this to happen to be sure, but I never want to underestimate a child when they know what they want and seek ways of getting it. Over all the story was a good one and I had to laugh.

kerrsutherland
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 11 Dec 2013 15:13
Not to start a huge controversy or anything but I must respond. Regarding ORB/Rollin's comments regarding 11 year olds wanting/needing spankings. Sorry guys, when I was 11 and older, in R/L, I craved spankings. That's not to say I wasn't afraid or apprehensive when, on the few occasions they occurred, but I found it so much preferable to being ignored emotionally. For me, who was left alone far too often and for far too long, being spanked would have meant that someone cared. That's why I can easily believe a story concerning 11 year old's, or even slightly younger, trying to get upended.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 1 : Guests - 11
spankinufun
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9