The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Story of the Week /

Lying to Melissa

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 27 Jun 2012 10:45
Our next 'Story of the Day' is Lying to Melissa by John Benson which has been recommended by LSF member, Crimson Kid:

""If you're not willing to lie to get your bare behind walloped by a beautiful babysitter, you don't want to be spanked badly enough."

That's how I concluded my comments on this story, which deals with a classic spanking-story dilemma facing 'bottomish' boys who wish to be paddled by a pretty babysitter, but want to avoid alienating her affections via serious misbehavior.

The young narrator in this account capitalizes on a fortunate turn of events by lying about what its consequences should be. He achieves his objective, plus considerably more than he'd anticipated, due to his babysitter being quite perceptive, but predictably his dishonesty has unexpected consequences that end up changing his life from that point onward.

Are those changes for better or worse? In my humble opinion that's up to the reader's personal perspective.
"

Synopsis:
Melissa is looking after Josh while his mother is away. He lies to her about how he is punished and receives his first ever spanking for masturbating and another for lying. On her return, Josh's mother continues the spanking regime.
synopsis by elliej

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 27 Jun 2012 17:18
This story worked out well. As in my comment, there was no need for Melissa having to bully him. I have to agree with the walloping by a beautiful babysitter thing. I'll leave my comment as it is in the story.

B

turtlecon
Male Member

England
#3 | Posted: 27 Jun 2012 22:40
very nice

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 28 Jun 2012 22:00
Thanks, Flopsy, for choosing "Lying to Melissa" as a Story of the Day, I can see that it's garned considerable attention and additional positive commentary, which IMHO it deserves.

Josh and Melissa are appealing characters (AFAIC) because they have both the self-awareness and the personal courage to fulfill their spanking-oriented desires (on opposite sides of the bath brush) when the opportunity presents itself rather unexpectedly.

I can certainly identifiy with Josh's unavoidable 'butterflies in the tummy' feelings, of both anticipation and trepidation, as the time for Melissa's next lengthy babysitting session with him approaches... --C.K.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 00:41
I guess I have a different take. (What else is new, huh?) Let's see, an ELEVEN year old boy contrives to get spanked, and I mean really spanked, not just play paddywhacked, by his baby sitter, and then by HIS MOM. I know it was a long time ago but there is no way that any 11 year old that ever knew would actually want this. So right away I have a problem suspending disbelief. The only level on which this works is as a fantasy by an adult male putting himself into that position imagining that he is an 11 year old boy. But that's not the way it reads.

Now I can believe that an 11 year old might want to play spanking games with others his age. Hell, lots of us actually did. or a game with a teenage babysitter. That probably happened too. But I think we drew the line at the real thing. The real thing was terrifying and something to be avoided at all costs. But in this story, it's even more. The implements come out---bathbrush, hairbrush. Whew!

Now the reason I'm talking about this is that I recently wrote something similar, and when I plotted it out, I figured I had to do a few things to make it believable. First, the boy had to be mid teens at least---post puberty and all raging hormones. Second, he had to have an obsessive, puppy-love type crush on the sitter. To me that was the only way it made sense. Past puberty, all bets are off when considering what males will do for a bit of a thrill. At 11, not so sure.

So my review is 2.5 stars. Hot if you can put yourself in the boy's place as a fantasy, but a bit hard to swallow.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 01:32
rollin:
So my review is 2.5 stars. Hot if you can put yourself in the boy's place as a fantasy, but a bit hard to swallow.

Not all fiction has to believable though. In fact my own personal preference (in the main), as far as spanking fiction is concerned, is to read stories or accounts which aren't 'believable'.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 02:15
It's my personal criteria and I've written about it a lot, but no one should pay much attention to my ramblings, really, if it doesn't matter to them. It's just that I read a whole lot of fiction in mystery, sci-fi, thriller etc., and it irritates me when people do things in stories that seem preposterous. When I roll your eyes and say "gimme a break, no one would ever do that", it ruins the story for me. I have a lot of half read books lying around that I never finished for that very reason.

CrimsonKidCK
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 02:35
rollin:
Now I can believe that an 11 year old might want to play spanking games with others his age. Hell, lots of us actually did. or a game with a teenage babysitter. That probably happened too. But I think we drew the line at the real thing. The real thing was terrifying and something to be avoided at all costs. But in this story, it's even more. The implements come out---bathbrush, hairbrush. Whew!

Now the reason I'm talking about this is that I recently wrote something similar, and when I plotted it out, I figured I had to do a few things to make it believable. First, the boy had to be mid teens at least---post puberty and all raging hormones. Second, he had to have an obsessive, puppy-love type crush on the sitter. To me that was the only way it made sense. Past puberty, all bets are off when considering what males will do for a bit of a thrill. At 11, not so sure.

Well, of course it's a fantasy.

As a shy eleven-year-old, I doubt that I'd even have had the nerve to manipulate a pretty teenaged babysitter into giving me a play spanking, with her palm mildly slapping the seat of my pants, to say nothing of maneuvering her into giving me a seriously punitive bare-bottom blistering with a wooden brush. (I never had such an opportunity anyway, due primarily to having younger siblings, but I'd likely have 'frozen' if such a chance had existed.)

So Josh is a much more courageous, and self-aware, preteen version of myself (and undoubtedly numerous other 'bottomish' male readers), he had a golden opportunity and was bold enough to exploit it all the way. Is he a realistic character? No more than Sir Galahad and Batman are realistic characters, but a reader can nonetheless appreciate their near-superhuman qualities and wish he were more like them.

Melissa is hardly a realistic character either. Even assuming that she was tricked once into giving Josh such a sound chastisement because she had deniability (his mother didn't mention spanking one way or another, so she could plausibly claim to have been duped by Josh) and felt strong 'toppish' desires, she continued to administer regular, pretty severe paddlings to him even after finding out that his mother didn't approve of spanking the boy--at least at that time. IMHO that was a big risk, counting on an eleven-year-old, even one who was gratified by his twice-a-day punishments from her, not to 'let it slip' about them to his mother later on. (Melissa couldn't have known that the mother would afterward alter her disciplinary approach to favor corporal correction of her son.)

She's the type of budding feminine disciplinarian that guys like me tend to fantasize about, determined to deliver those stinging whacks to our naked buttcheeks even if she has to take a personal risk to do so.

The story's author is John Benson, so IME one has to expect it to involve fantasy elements, even within a realistic setting.

As Februs noted, often fantasy/hyperbole can be more enjoyable than realism in a spanking-oriented story... --C.K.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 02:45
CrimsonKidCK:
Is he a realistic character? No more than Sir Galahad and Batman are realistic characters

When you say that Batman is an unrealistic character, do you also mean to imply that he isn't REAL????

Oops! Sorry. Digressing. Back on topic here.

I don't have a problem with a scenarios that's a bit improbable (provided, of course that the particular improbable scenario isn't one I have a problem with). Sometimes it's fun to throw in an improbable spin and then see how things develop from there. I've used t in my writing more than once.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 29 Jun 2012 04:58
If we are on the subject of improbable scenarios here is one that is so improbable that most people would have said it was totally impossible.

A bunch of extremists from third world countries simultaneously hijack four large commercial airliners. Two of them they crash into the upper floors of two of the largest skyscrapers in the world. This doesn't just damage the buildings but causes both of them to collapse to the ground. One the other planes they crash into the Pentagon damaging it also. And they do all this armed with nothing but some little box cutters!

Completely absurd, right? If a screen writer had presented this to a movie producer he would have been laughed out of the office as the plot is so stupid. I am certainly glad that none of the writers in the library come up with stories that are so silly as nobody would ever take them seriously since it requires too much suspending of disbelief. Stories like that are too preposterous to be believable.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 15
Forrange, johnsmith, manhattan, TheStingfan, tocciek, Zachary314159
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9